Chris Brown Biography | Teen Ink

Chris Brown Biography

By tierra123 BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois
tierra123 BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois

“Look at Me Now” is a highly known song from artist Chris Brown. Baby Chris was born on May 5,th 1989. Even as a little boy, he knew he was going to entertain. From dancing to singing to acting-- you name it, he can do it. But his career took a nasty turn in the case of abusing his ex- girlfriend Rihanna. Chris suffered a lot of judgment from the media and other. But I’m going to prove that people make mistakes and can overcome anything in their life.( “Chris Brown Biography”)

Chris Brown’s childhood was a start of a lifetime love named music. He was raised in a small town of Tappahannock, Va. He taught himself how to sing at a very young age. Though many people didn’t know he could sing, his church family knew he was a great singer and was soon going to be a star. Brown also was aware of the fact that he could dance, following in the footsteps of his idols Usher and Michael Jackson. By age 15 Chris was discovered by Tina Davis, who eventually became his manager. She guided Chris, helping him get a record deal with Jive Records joining artists such as Britney Spears, Usher, and N’Sync. He released his self-titled album in November of 2005. “Run It” was his number one hit off of his album, followed by “Gimmie That” and “Yo”. They all reached number one on the Billboard charts. Chris was sometimes compared to the great Michael Jackson because of his dancing and singing talent. His first major tour was his “UpClose&Personal” tour, selling tickets in every state. Brown continued to make hit songs, recorded more albums, and starred in movies such as Stomp the Yard, This Christmas and Takers. Also, Brown was the boyfriend of R&B/Pop star Rihanna. His career seemed so steady until February of 2009. (“Wikipedia- Chris Brown”)

February of 2009, was the worst for Chris Brown. He and his girlfriend Rihanna attended the Grammy’s. They seemed like such a happy couple until after the Grammy party. A heated argument between Chris and Rihanna lead to the domestic violence case where he assaulted her. That assault lead to Rihanna being badly beaten. A couple of weeks later he turned himself into the Los Angeles Police Department were he was booked on suspicion of making criminal threats. From there Chris had bad luck, a lot of his commercial ads and his music was suspended from numerous radio stations and he also withdrew from the Grammy show. On March 5,th 2009 he was charged with felony and making criminal threats. Even though Brown pleaded not guilty of one count of assault but did plead guilty to a felony. Chris was given a year of anger management counseling, and six months of community service, and a five year restraining order. Brown completed all of these’s duties that he was given. A lot of people disliked Brown after this tragedy. He lost fans and a lot of business opportunities. Chris Brown had his first interview on the Larry King Live show since everything had happened. Numerous questions were asked to brown, such as “How do you feel about the released Rihanna photo of her injuries?” Brown answered with “It’s tough for me too look at the picture because It’s always going to haunt me”. He also talked about how when he was younger his mom was a victim of domestic violence, and that it’s not in his character to act like that that’s not the type of person he is. But the last thing Brown stated is that “My career is not over”. (“Chris Brown Biography”)

The year of 2011 was Chris Brown’s come back. His fourth album F.A.M.E was released on March 18, 2011 which gave him the number one album in the United States, and reached the top-ten in other countries. The artist song “Look at Me Now” was a big success featuring artist’s Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes. It became the number one song on Billboard charts and remained there for 4 weeks. He continued to make hits like “Beautiful People” and “She Aint You” and “Next to You” featuring another big star Justin Bieber. His album was such a success he soon was touring around the world. F.A.M.E concert was the concert that ever Chris Brown fan wanted to attend. Chris received six nominations at the BET Awards 2011. He won five out of the six for “Best R&B Singer”, Album of the Year and so forth. On October 7,th 2011 the record label that Chris was under shutdown, and was sent t0 RCA Records were Brown is still successful. Chris Brown will soon be releasing his Fifth album called “Fortune” on March of 2012. His first single from the album that will released on February 14,th 2012. He also will be starring in movies that will soon be released later on in the year. (“Aceshowbiz-Chris Brown”)

In conclusion, Chris Brown has been through a lot in his childhood and his career. His story should show people that no matter what you go through you can always redeem yourself. He has had a lot of success and still has more to succeed.