Prevent Global Warming | Teen Ink

Prevent Global Warming

By Darren41 BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
Darren41 BRONZE, Coppell, Texas

Global Warming has been a concern all over the world for many years now, and it is getting worse and worse. According to nationalgeographic.com, the rate of warming is increasing. The 20th century’s last few decades were the hottest in 400 years and probably the warmest for several millennia, according to a number of climate studies. As stated on nwf.org, this is affecting the world right now, as global warming is making hot days hotter, rainfall and flooding heavier, storms stronger, and droughts more severe. Although people all over the world may be suffering right now due to the the climate change caused by global warming, it is their own kind that mostly causes it.

When you talk about global warming, eventually, you will arrive at the fact that humans cause the majority of it. On nationalgeographic.com, the report based on the work of some 2500 scientists in more than 130 countries, concluded that humans have caused all or most of the current planetary warming. Humans produce a lot of greenhouse gases, as people use cars, and electricity all the time, causing large amounts of carbon dioxide to be released into the air faster than plants can convert it. Therefore, humans are the largest if not sole contributor to global warming.

Since global warming is mostly caused by humans, we are the only ones that can prevent it from becoming even worse. Something that we can do to help may be just to take the bus more often, or just carpool. Even turning off the lights when you aren’t using them helps! If people can see that what they do everyday has an impact on global warming, then the day when global warming finally stops completely won’t be far from now.

In conclusion, the concept of global warming is very real and poses a large threat to our society. Many people know about global warming but choose to do nothing about it. These people may think that whatever they do does not make a difference at all. They should understand that even if your effort is small, it will cause something to change and if everyone makes a small effort, then it will not be a small effort anymore. Therefore, everyone can start fighting against global warming in their own way. Remember, every little effort counts!