Anime Boston | Teen Ink

Anime Boston

Some may think that only geeks and nerds are interested in anime, and if you like these cartoons it considered uncool. I don't know about other schools, but in my school anime is considered kinda cool.
I am a real anime fan, an otaku, others would say. i have been going to Anime Boston (a convention) for going on three years. Last year my firends and I dressed up (Cosplayed) as the 5 original Sailor Scouts, and another went as Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchimist) We had a blast, and preformed a skit in the masquarade. We ended up winning an award (surprisingly), and our skit is on Youtube.
This year we're all going as Yu-Gi-Oh! characters, most of us are going to have to crossplay. (cosplaying someone of the opposite gender) Some who read think are probably going to laugh, but at the con people at the con will accept us.
You'd be surprised on how many people go to this convention, people of all ages go and act like, well otaku.
While I may be considered a geek, or nerd to others, I'm proud to be a otaku. I have fun watching anime, reading manga, and going to cons in homemade costumes.
I have a feeling I'll be an otaku for a long time

on Feb. 1 2012 at 8:05 am
Phantom_Symphony, Etowah, Tennessee

~ Behind my smile is a hurting heart. Behind my laugh, I'm falling apart. Look closely at me and you will see, the girl I am...isn't me.

I love anime but I can't cosplay or go to cons I would love to try though :3 Well my favorite anime is Elfen Lied

ToraNoKage SILVER, Unavailable, Other

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

I love Naruto too!! But I prefer Shippuden.

I also love Bleach, Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Fairy Tail

Dino-chan BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri

"death cannot stop true love only delay it for a while" westly the princess bride

full matal!!!!!!! brotherhood waz horid al sounded like a 6 yr old girl

xp

Dino-chan BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri

mustang= usless in the rain! :)

Dino-chan BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri

black butler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheGirlWhoDancesWithSnowflakes SILVER, Sunnyvale, Texas

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
- C. S. Lewis

I love anime! I recently got back into Naruto Shippuden after finishing the Shugo Chara series. Black Butler was good too, but my all time favorite would have to be Full Metal Alchemist! XD

cicirocksxD said...
i love naruto and black bulter any 1 else???:)

teensytoes SILVER, Chester, Vermont

"The ions in the air were really getting to me."- Benedict Cumberbatch

I love anime and manga and I do consider myself kind've a geek, but that's alright. I just started getting into reading the comics to (Fullmetal Alchemist!!!). I have not been able to go to any convention things due to the fact that I live in the middle of no where... I like to draw manga though and I'm getting kinda good. I'll post some artwork sometime. I'm glad there are other people out there like me :) 

on Sep. 29 2010 at 11:29 am
Nuclearnerd BRONZE, North Adams, Massachusetts

You won't know until you find out!

I'm an anime fan too! Which is kind of weird because I don't really watch any. But I've been influenced to create my own anime show called "Bailey" about middle school kids who fight monsters and aliens in the 42nd century.

EeriePoetry SILVER, Chelmsford, Massachusetts
I love anime and manga! :D I've only been to two anime conventions, but they were both a TON of fun. And who cares if we are geeks or nerds or weirdos. ^_~ We can say we have fun being them!

I love cosplaying too!

on Jul. 14 2009 at 4:56 am
GooGirl1995 SILVER, Tucson, Arizona

"Don't be afraid to be yourself. And don't worry about getting famous because that means nothing. There are a lot of really useless people in this world that are famous."

-Johnny Reznik

What is the name of the skit? I want to find it and see it.

~ Anime Forever ~

on Feb. 19 2009 at 12:01 am
animegirl_cd BRONZE, Allen Park, Michigan
1 article 1 photo 1 comment
Me to. I love anime and mangas. I unfortunately have not got to go to a convention yet. But I know what you mean when people say stuff like that about people who like anime. I am anime Anime nerd/Otaku. :D