Anime Boston

Some may think that only geeks and nerds are interested in anime, and if you like these cartoons it considered uncool. I don't know about other schools, but in my school anime is considered kinda cool.
I am a real anime fan, an otaku, others would say. i have been going to Anime Boston (a convention) for going on three years. Last year my firends and I dressed up (Cosplayed) as the 5 original Sailor Scouts, and another went as Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchimist) We had a blast, and preformed a skit in the masquarade. We ended up winning an award (surprisingly), and our skit is on Youtube.
This year we're all going as Yu-Gi-Oh! characters, most of us are going to have to crossplay. (cosplaying someone of the opposite gender) Some who read think are probably going to laugh, but at the con people at the con will accept us.
You'd be surprised on how many people go to this convention, people of all ages go and act like, well otaku.
While I may be considered a geek, or nerd to others, I'm proud to be a otaku. I have fun watching anime, reading manga, and going to cons in homemade costumes.
I have a feeling I'll be an otaku for a long time

Phantom_Symphony said...
Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:05 am
I love anime but I can't cosplay or go to cons I would love to try though :3 Well my favorite anime is Elfen Lied

ksaurus200 said...

black butler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ksaurus200 replied...
mustang= usless in the rain! :)

cicirocksxD said...
i love naruto and black bulter any 1 else???:)

ToraNoKage replied...

I love Naruto too!! But I prefer Shippuden.

I also love Bleach, Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Fairy Tail

teensytoes said...
I love anime and manga and I do consider myself kind've a geek, but that's alright. I just started getting into reading the comics to (Fullmetal Alchemist!!!). I have not been able to go to any convention things due to the fact that I live in the middle of no where... I like to draw manga though and I'm getting kinda good. I'll post some artwork sometime. I'm glad there are other people out there like me :) 

Nuclearnerd said...
Sept. 29, 2010 at 11:29 am
I'm an anime fan too! Which is kind of weird because I don't really watch any. But I've been influenced to create my own anime show called "Bailey" about middle school kids who fight monsters and aliens in the 42nd century.

EeriePoetry said...
I love anime and manga! :D I've only been to two anime conventions, but they were both a TON of fun. And who cares if we are geeks or nerds or weirdos. ^_~ We can say we have fun being them!
I love cosplaying too!

Diana H. said...
Jul. 14, 2009 at 4:56 am
What is the name of the skit? I want to find it and see it.

~ Anime Forever ~

animegirl_cd said...
Feb. 19, 2009 at 12:01 am
Me to. I love anime and mangas. I unfortunately have not got to go to a convention yet. But I know what you mean when people say stuff like that about people who like anime. I am anime Anime nerd/Otaku. :D

ButterflyKiss replied...
I love anime! I recently got back into Naruto Shippuden after finishing the Shugo Chara series. Black Butler was good too, but my all time favorite would have to be Full Metal Alchemist! XD

ksaurus200 replied...

full matal!!!!!!! brotherhood waz horid al sounded like a 6 yr old girl

xp