Helping Out | Teen Ink

Helping Out

By Josey14 SILVER, Guilford, Indiana
Josey14 SILVER, Guilford, Indiana

Helping Out

Walking around in a neighborhood people most likely see big, lively trees with bright, vivid leaves. They would think okay ,whatever it’s just a tree right but, what you don’t know is that so many trees and wildlife are getting ripped from their homes because of deforestation.

Our planet seems as if it is so gorgeous and safe and healthy, but in reality it’s not. The earth is slowly dying every single day. There are many different problems our earth is facing such as over -population, global warming, trash build up, pollution, and so much more. These are big problems facing our earth but, in my opinion deforestation is one of the biggest.

Most people don’t properly dispose of their trash and millions of animals die from it every year. There are many different ways you can help with this problem. For example you can recycle all plastic, glass, and paper. Recycling all paper products could help out the rainforest so much. It helps because paper is made from trees and they have to cut down the trees to make paper. Obviously the trees are being cut down.

Usually when thinking of a rainforest you think of lots of trees and plants with a bunch of different species of animals running around, but what happens is that every year an area the size of New Jersey is being cut down. People are cutting down these rainforests for their own personal needs. These trees are being taken away from all the different types of animals that are living in them. Most of the rainforests are being taken away for more farming land, to have pulp to make paper, and extracting minerals and energy. Thousands of animals and plants are losing their homes.

I do have a plan to help out these innocent rainforests. One thing I have in mind is to help animals find a different place to live. Before they tear down the trees they should have to go through the area and see what types of animals are there, then move them to a remote area close to the same habitat that they were living in. A second idea I have is that there should be a law made of how many acres these companies tear down every year. Instead of being able to cut down as many acres they want they should have a set limit.

Another thing that people could easily do is recycle. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! Three easy things to do. Every one of these has a purpose to help the rainforest not loose as many trees each year. Reduce: Don’t use as many paper products. Don’t use a paper towel every time something needs to be dried. Use a regular hand towel instead. Reuse: Every year people go shopping for new school supplies, right? Instead of buying all new notebooks, folders, and pencils use ones from the previous year. Use the ones that are still in good shape, but then recycle the ones that are old and worn out. Recycle: Recycling is so easy and not costly at all. Most people have recycling centers or recycling bins in their communities. I know that in some places they have a system where the garbage trucks can pick up garbage and recycling. One little thing can help change the way rainforests will become in the future.

Therefore, anybody can help make a change. If you really care about our Earth and want it to be a better and healthier place for everybody then helping out could be a tremendous task. As I said earlier, there are many different ways that everybody can help out. Recycle all paper products,, join an organization to help save the rainforest do, anything. Just one little thing can help make the world a better place.

I love the Earth and i am trying to help make it a better place.