The day I died | Teen Ink

The day I died

By Tanyathelove SILVER, Monrovia, California
Tanyathelove SILVER, Monrovia, California

"live everyday like your last and keep your head up love is outthere for everyone"

The day that I lost my best friends is the day that I died with her. As she lied in the hospital bed she asked me if I would miss her. I told her of course I would. She had a smile on her face. And I had tears in my eyes but I kept a smile on my face for her. She then looked at me and asked "will you ever be the same when it's my time?" I looked into her eyes and said no I wont. she closed her eyes and said she will always be looking over me. shortly after she stopped breathing. I sat there holding her hand and prayed. I asked that god take care of her and to treat her nothing less of how I did. the nurse walked in and saw that she wasn't breathing anymore and she called for help. She told me that I must leave the room. I grabbed the teddy bear next to her hugged it closed my eyes and left. I walked home that night thinking to myself if it wasn't for us being in the wrong place at the wrong time I wouldn't have lost her. It's funny how things work out now a days. I lost someone great to my life 5 years ago and from that day on I am not the same. Because I don't have her in my life anymore. But she is in a better place now and I know that she is watching over me because I can feel her. I love you my friends and just remember the day that you died is the same day that I died. I will be up there with you soon. Just hang in there cause I still love you.

A true thing that happened. Losing your best friend is like losing your soul. You feel empty and vulnerable. You don't have anything left with out them there. I just hope that people will remember why they have a best friend and to never forget them cause when they are gone then you have nothing left.