Global Warming | Teen Ink

Global Warming

By cody scheepbouwer BRONZE, Nooksack, Washington
cody scheepbouwer BRONZE, Nooksack, Washington

Global warming is destroying earth. Global warming used to be a peaceful state that kept more of the sun’s heat, and energy in the atmosphere so humans could live. (If we didn’t have the greenhouse affects, earth would be 60 degrees colder and no human being could live on planet earth.) But since we have found oil we started to see what we could do with it, and one of the ideas was to burn the oil for energy. Now burning oil for energy was ok but when everybody in the world starts to bun oil, it starts to add onto the already greenhouse gases and attracts more heat which is starting to burn planet earth up.

Humans like you and me are sending all these greenhouse gases into the atmosphere with their factories, plantations, and energy plants. Sending all this extra gas into the earth’s atmosphere will star to break down the atmosphere and send all the gases into the ozone layer. Our generation will possibly melt all the polar ice caps from sending all there man made greenhouse gases called Chlorofluorocarbons. This is another word for greenhouse gases but instead its man made and it’s really new chemicals that the humans have made and have been sending into our atmosphere for many years.

Global warming is going to possibly be the end of mankind if we keep burning oil and do not decrease the C02 emissions. Global warming will not just end mankind, it will end everything. I have been watching a show on the history channel called life without people, and if all the human beings were to magically disappear, the earth would slowly go back to its natural state. My theory is that global warming has invented some new virus called the swine flu. The swine flu is different from any other flu because this flu can kill you, I think the swine flu appeared is because the atmosphere is changing and it started mutating viruses with other viruses and came up with the now know deadly swine flu.
Some disasters that will happen because of global warming are, 4 million acres of spruce trees in Alaska have been eaten up by the spruce bark beetle. The beetles have showed up a lot in Alaska because of global warming and all those hot summers in Alaska. Another great disaster would be the trouble finding fresh water. :less fresh water will be available, if the Quelccaya ice cap in Peru continues to melt at it’s current route, it will be gone by 2100, leaving thousands of people who rely on it for drinking water and electricity without a source of either.” So if global warming keep going the ice cap in Peru will be melted. Another disaster that will happen is, the hurricanes and other storms are likely to become stronger, this means that all these tropical storms and just regular storms will all get stronger. Some of the world diseases will spread like Malaria, and will be carried by mosquitoes because it will be getting hotter and probably more humid and there will be more mosquitoes.

Humans made the greenhouse affect into a monster, it was just a peaceful part of ature until all of these people who wanted to find other ways of making energy or trying to find ways of making cars run, have made global warming into what is now called the global killer. Every little thing we burn gets sent into our atmosphere and to tell you the truth pretty much everything you burn will make C02 and other gases and will get sent up there which will slowly attract heat and by the time burn earth to a crisp. There is a lot of reasons why global warming is killing our earth but the main one is HUMANS!