Dear Mr. President... | Teen Ink

Dear Mr. President...

January 8, 2012
By Pushed180 BRONZE, Traverse City, Michigan
Pushed180 BRONZE, Traverse City, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein


Dear Mr. President,

Excuse me? Can you wipe that smug look off your face for a moment and turn around to realize who these citizens really are? We are all humans, just like you. We have hopes, feelings, dreams, and ideas and opinions. I'm not going to be the one to tell you how to run this country. I'm just here to open your eyes and make you see what's really going on. What really matters.

Gay rights- It's not a sin to be gay, in fact, it's a person's choosing for their own personal lifestyle. Why is this such a large issue in our government? You can't look at a group of people and just know who's gay. You know why? Because they're humans too. Homosexuality is found in over 1,000 animal species, homophobia is found in one. Which seems more unnatural? So what if they want to get married? You see two men/women getting married, I see two people in love wanting to spend the rest of their lives together. So what if they want to adopt kids? You see two gays wanting to raise a child into homosexuality and put them in a harmful environment, I see two willing parents that wish to raise a child they can call their own and love with all their hearts, not influences their sexuality once so ever. How different is that from heterosexuals?

Economy- Want to know why our economy continues to fail after the endless attempts at creating jobs? Because the White House is filled with lying, scheming, parsimonious men and women. It's all about the money. Mitt Romney has even been called out on it. Our country is in so much debt and nobody realizes it because they are either too wrapped up in the lying government or too unwilling to admit our country is in dire need of assistance. You people only make yourselves look bad when you're revealed by the press for your dirty, scumbag ways. Quit the lying, forget the money, and focus on what really matters. The fact that I have watched many “stable” families (much like my own) fall to pieces trying to keep a roof over their heads and food on their tables.

Foreign Affairs- Do you realize our country is in so much debt because of these wars and sending troops overseas? 51 Trillion dollars in National debt. President Washington stated, “It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world...” “To have with them (foreign countries) as little political connections as possible.” We need to stay out of other countries' businesses and focus on the major problems we are facing here in America.

So, I conclude, that what you are currently doing with our country is just throwing things out of proportion and dropping America in it's rank. We used to be loved, but it seems more countries hate us now more than anything. We need to stop our political parties arguments, start focusing on our own country, and realize that you're angering more citizens than you are helping them. I am neither Republican, Democrat, or any other party. You know why? Because, it's just stupid and is basically blinded citizens taking sides and not even realize what these people are saying. Washington stated this about political parties in his farewell address: “It serves to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration....agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one....against another....it opens the door to foreign influence and corruption...thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another." Stop the fighting, stop the lying, and fix what needs to be fixed. Now, walk away from the podium and let someone who knows how to fix our problems take charge.










Sincerely,











A concerned American Teen


The author's comments:
I'm tired of seeing these people argue constantly over something that can only be seen as a problem through an "adult's eye." I wrote this for a view of our government through my own eyes.