the Trouble with Writing | Teen Ink

the Trouble with Writing

Writing can be a continuous process. Listen to music, turn it off. It’s too much of a distraction. Staring at the screen not knowing what to write and next thing you know, an hour has passed. Getting past the troubles of writing can be hard, especially when you’re not interested in the topic.

I’m not a big fan of writing. It seems to take forever. I get distracted too easily and every time I sit down to write a paper that should only take about thirty minutes, it turns into two hours. I end up just writing things down to get it done. Because of this, most of my writing isn’t important to me at all. I hate to admit it, but I just do it for the grade. I seem to be too busy to just sit down and write so therefore, I only write when I have to.

Every time when a writing assignment is assigned, I go home and put it off as long as I can. When I finally decide I better do it, I go to my room and grab my laptop. It seems like it takes longer to handwrite than to type so I always do it on the computer. This could be a disadvantage though because there are more things to get easily distracted by on the internet. I usually lie on my bed and curl up in a blanket and think about how I wish I didn’t have to do it. Procrastination is thing I hate most about writing. I don’t know what it is about it, but every time it happens. I wish I could break this some day, although I don’t imagine it’ll happen.

Staring at the screen, wanting it to be done, you get up and go talk to someone just so you don’t have to face the writing. You come back to the computer and you don’t have even one more sentence. Man, the troubles with writing.