Change | Teen Ink

Change

January 10, 2012
By clarinetchic BRONZE, Beckville, Texas
clarinetchic BRONZE, Beckville, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Some changes are good and some changes are bad. A good change that is happening now and is going to happen next year is my mom is getting married for the first time in her life. For many years I’ve seen my mom without a man in her life. It makes me happy to see her happy after so many years. He is a good man to me and my mom and I hope he never leaves us. He’s almost like a woman he can cook, clean, and do his own laundry. He said when they get married he’s going to adopt me and call me his own. He has changed me so much; he’s made me realize that I need to help out more around the house and other places to.

Things have changed so much in these three short years that I can’t remember anything before he came along. I had been camping before when you have a tent and u sleep on the ground. But it’s so much different when you’re in a house boat floating on water and sleeping in an actual bed. The first time they went it was without me and I was so jealous. The second time they went they took me and it was so fun. The house boat we stayed in could sleep seven people and had a top on it. I slept up on the top part and it had a balcony you could walk out on to see the lake.

When I look back on my life and I used to say, “I’m never going to have a father daughter dance at my wedding.” Now I thank God for sending us this wonderful man into our life and change it forever. He is such a good person inside and out and I want to grow up to be just like him.