My Future | Teen Ink

My Future

January 10, 2012
By clarinetchic BRONZE, Beckville, Texas
clarinetchic BRONZE, Beckville, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Life is a wonderful thing if you don’t waist it not living. My three most important goals are to graduate high school, attend college, and be successful in life.

I’m a junior in high school, making descent grades, in the band and loving every moment of it. A lot of teens don’t like coming to school because they have to do work, but I love coming to school. Every day I get to see my friends, laugh and have fun. I can’t do that sitting at the house watching TV. I have very good teachers that have taught me everything I have learned and will learn. They are very helpful and will tutor you if you’re having trouble with something in class. One good thing about going to a small school is you can have one on one time with a teacher and they will help you. When I graduate next year I will miss all my friends that I have made through the years and one that had left and went to a different school or ones that have graduated. I will also miss the awesome teachers that taught me everything I need to know to be successful in college and further in life.

After high school I plan to attend college and get my RN at nursing school. Hopefully I will have at least one friend that will be there with so I don’t feel like a fish out of water and have no clue where to go. I love meeting new people but some people I don’t care to meet because of their attitude towards everybody. Meeting new people and teachers is nerve raking and scary. Meeting new teachers will be fun especially a new band director. I just hope that he/she is as cool as Mr. Ashcraft is. Going to college will be way different from high school because the teachers don’t care if you pass or fail there class. I will have to work extra hard to pass and do well so I can graduate and have a good career as a nurse.

After college I plan to get a steady job, make some money to buy a house and settle down and have a family. I’ve always heard that there is a shortage of nurses and they need more. So I don’t think it will be hard to find a job as a nurse. But hopefully I find a really good job that pays good so I can buy a house and start living my life on my own. I will probably work and pay off some of the house mortgage before I think about finding a husband and having a family. When I do, I will push my kids to get an education and be successful in life like I will be.
When I was younger, my cousin Ben told me something that I will never forget and will stay with me as long as I don’t forget it. He said “If you work hard in school and get a good job that pays good, you will be able to play the rest of your life, but if you don’t work hard in school and don’t get a good job that doesn’t pay good you will have to work the rest of your life”. I have thought about wait he has said all my life since he said that and I will never forget it.