All of a sudden I heard the sirens... | Teen Ink

All of a sudden I heard the sirens...

December 16, 2011
By olivia franz BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
olivia franz BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

That night I was laying in my bed listening to all the sounds outside my house. Police sirens going off in the distance probably catching the old guy whom lived down the street. My neighbor’s dogs barking at teenagers who snuck out of their houses to go to a party. Then all of a sudden I heard a fire truck siren coming closer and closer until they were outside my house? I wanted to get up and see if one of my neighbors got hurt or something. I tried to sit up, but I couldn’t, I couldn’t even move. I tried to scream but nothing came out then my mom walked in crying. As she sat next to me and looked up at the ceiling and asked, ‘‘Why?’’
“Why her? Why take my little girl, she never did any thing wrong!’’ I tried to tell my mom I was okay when three male paramedics came in. They looked at me then this one tall, dark haired paramedic told this shorter, blond haired paramedic to take my mom for questioning then he took my mom.
“ Mom, where are you going?’’ I asked. Then this short, brunet paramedic took my pulse and said.
“Time of death 11:02 p.m.’’ in this deep voice.
After that I’m standing next to my body screaming.
“Time of death!’’ I shout at the top of my lungs.
“What do you mean time of death, I’m not dead!’’ I scream even though I know by now they can’t hear me.
As they put me in this black duffel bag and carried me out of the house. My mother asked the brunet paramedic that took my pulse what I died from and he said. “I don’t know you’re going to have to wait for the autopsy report.” I stood there at my door watching my mother as she watched as they carried me out. Then she walked back over to my bed and sat there and sobbed for hours holding my little, brown bear she gave me when I came out of the hospital when I was born.