Holiday Cheer All Around | Teen Ink

Holiday Cheer All Around

By Lalalove15 BRONZE, Surprise, Arizona
Lalalove15 BRONZE, Surprise, Arizona

“The most wonderful time of the year” when the weather starts to get colder and snow is to be all over the long December nights (Williams). As much as the songs tell everyone that it’s a happy time and everyone should be in the Christmas mood, it doesn’t always happen. With stores, music and TV, telling people to be happy and enjoy the time of year, some feel pressured to be happy.

Stores stalking up months before to prepare for the busiest time of the year, when everyone start buying gifts. Many say that it lacks in spirit to start purchasing Christmas gifts before thanksgiving. However many don’t understand that Christmas and thanksgiving come hand in hand, we celebrate to give thanks for all that we have and to be kinder with each other because of the holidays. Stores promoting their latest fashion trends and encouraging people to get them. Because many already buy clothes to an extend it feels like Christmas is the perfect time to buy yourself something even nice in order to be happy. Toy Shops with new toys every year seems like there always inventing a new toy for all the kids to have, but toys are the gifts that make the kids happy. So that on Christmas morning they can unwrap that perfect present and play around with it all day.

Holiday Music, something that is always on because every station pts in at least one Christmas song a day. Songs that speak to many by giving advice. ‘Have a Marry Marry Christmas”, a song that just says to be happy during Christmas. To look around and sink it all in because that day will never happen again. With holiday music all around the radio, it gives a nice feeling to the soul to know that all around the world people are listening to the same thing. Christmas stations come on ones week before thanksgiving enjoying the entirety of the season. Even if it may seem like it’s a little to early for the holiday spirit, its perfect for those who love Christmas enough to play the station, but for that one thanksgiving day. With fast cars going all over the place, and people always on their cell phones, there are people that forget to turn on that station, and smile when the Christmas song that you played on the piano every Christmas for you family, comes on. Christmas music is a way to imagine the perfect Christmas, even if for a Second.

Watching television is the most effective way of getting holiday vibes. The average time spend watching TV for Americans is five to seven hours a day. Although many have other activities they always seem to find time to watch their latest shows. During the commercials two out the three commercials will be Christmas related. Commercials showing the perfect family during the holidays, all happy because they get all their presents at “Kmart”. Afterward the shows there watching just might be a holiday special, because it seems like many shows take the opportunity to promote holidays and involve it in the stories. Kids wanting to watch all twenty-five movies during the 25 days of Christmas special ABC family puts on every year. Showing the holiday classics such as the “Grinch that stole Christmas” and “Rudolph the red nose reindeer” movies that make you believe in the Christmas magic, that makes you wonder if everything is real, and maybe just maybe your being to naïve about it all and all you have to do is believe.

Having Christmas decorations to early isn’t the problem with many it just might be how you think about it. All that many people have to do is to believe that that holidays are good and be happy with it and seeing the bright side of it all instead of the negative. “Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh” (Jingle Bells).

My love for Christmas, and the thought that many don't stop and appreciate a grand holiday song.