Unmasking the Real World | Teen Ink

Unmasking the Real World

By Nick6234 BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois
Nick6234 BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois

"For with God nothing is impossible."

I believe that there are many problems in today’s world with violence and tragic accidents. People may experience them every day, I mean , Yeah, I know that they might not all revolve around you but other people experience them and honestly some can alter someone’s life. If you are one of the people out there who understand and share the same thought as me, then this is an essay you would want to read.
As we all know there is no such thing as world peace. Yes, we strive to achieve it, but it is just simply impossible. There are billions of people in this world and everyday on the news you hear another sick story. For example, a child being killed, drinking and driving, the war going on, it will always be there. We wish it could all stop, but we can’t control the actions of other people who make the world we live in a dangerous place. All we can do is live our own life and follow our own beliefs. We all need to do what is right for ourselves and become role models to others, and who knows? It could be like “Follow the Leader” and everyone can just follow the same person. Nobody wants to be the person on the news who is put away for murder, think of the name it gives to your family. You know that 34% of people from the ages 15-24 die from automobile accidents and more than 30% are from DUI’s? Don’t be a statistic.
Another problem in today’s world is people dying at such a young age! Not many die in a row, but there have been many deaths in recent years, John Travolta’s son passed, you have Heath Ledger from the Dark Knight, Brittany Murphy who lost her life, and most recently we have lost Amy Whinehouse. When you see all these stories on the news, they all revolve around two things, “Drugs and Alcohol” The only one I know that didn’t was Travolta’s son, he had a mental disorder from what I heard, I believe autism. I hate when I have to see that because it always makes you wonder. “why do people need this in their lives” which is so true, drugs will always hurt you in the long run. What gets me more upset about this is, these celebrities have people that love them and look up to them as role models and then they witness this, basically crushing their hopes and dreams of becoming something in life. Here’s a fun fact, Do you know Abercrombie paid Mike “The Situation” from Jersey Shore to not wear their clothes because he was a negative role model to kids. I love that, they didn’t want an alcoholic wearing their clothes to set a negative example, which really made me like them. I have a quote right here from Abercrombie as well!
"We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image," Abercrombie said in the release.
"We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans.” That is what was said about the idea of Mike wearing the clothes.
I believe that they make drugs way to easy to come by these days. The death toll is on a rise due to this issue. Plus, with drugs easier to get, more people will get them and as a result, more deaths. I don’t believe in the use of drugs to be honest. Even when it’s for a cold! I like to be all natural. People that abuse these substances need to learn to control their want, and only use a medical drug for when they need it, because why harm yourself? Another thing to think about is, imagine yourself in the future. You have a family and children, and one day you walk in and your daughters on the ground overdosed on pills, how would you even live with yourself knowing that this is the life you chose for yourself and the examples you set for your kids? Now you have to rush them into the hospital and hope to god that their stomach gets pumped out of all the drugs before it’s too late. It will scare you permanently.
I believe that people need to grow up and instead of harm each other; we need to help each other. Everyone can see the recession we are in, when we drive down the street and every store is up for lease, and how hard it is to get a job now a days. Honestly, think about if we all worked together how much easier life would come to us! There wouldn’t be reason to fight because we would all be in the same mess! We need to learn to love each other and give each other the respect we deserve. I understand it’s hard to love someone when they are in a hard part of life, but think about it, if you were down wouldn’t you want someone there to help you get over your struggle?
We are becoming more and more violent to each other and we need to learn to become who we should be and instead of arguing with people, talk it out, help them. Make them know that there are other ways to solve things and you don’t have to resort everything with an argument. Stay away from all of the negatives in life and become someone that everyone can look up to and compare people too! Don’t be that person that all the parents pick apart. For example,
“If you ever become like Johnny(bad kid), you’re out of this house.”

Is that the life you would want to live? I guarantee people would much rather want to hear,
“Look at John, he has his life in order, and always cares about what I have to say no matter what I say.”
Praise feels much better than criticism. I believe once the world comes to how it was, more people begin to realize violence is never the answer, and that drugs are not the way out. Then that is when things come easier for us, that is when we give more people the respect that they deserve and that is when we show that we know how to live life to its fullest! We need to find ourselves and look in the mirror and tell ourselves daily,
“I need to be all that I can, I need to be someone to look up to and push myself to get the respect that I deserve!”
That is exactly what we should do, push ourselves and make sure that we become the role models, it’s kind of like when you go help out children at an elementary school and they look up to you and give you respect. That’s when you know that you are doing what you are suppose to do and you know you’re headed in the right direction.

This has to do with the drugs and violence going on in today's world.