Compare and Contrast: Radio Shows | Teen Ink

Compare and Contrast: Radio Shows

December 14, 2011
By Anonymous

The radio made a huge impact on people in the past and we still rely on it nowadays. Although, a few things might’ve changed most of it is the same. People use radio shows to learn about the world and what’s happening in it, to relax, and to be entertained.

There are a few ways in which the older and modern radio shows are the same. One way is that they had a theme at the beginning and end of every radio show. They also include sound effects and people in the background laughing or any other background noises. Radio shows are and were played for the same purposes; to entertain people with jokes, inform people with news, and persuade people to buy products.

There are a couple differences between the older and the modern radio shows. In the older radio shows they were like plays, but now people are called and asked questions just like the radio show “Wait Wait... Don’t Tell Me!” Back in the day we didn’t have as much technology so it was more difficult to make sound effects while now it’s just a push of a button to make any sound u want.

There are many similarities and differences between the older and modern radio shows, but we still value them the same although many people nowadays don’t listen to radio shows but they listen to music channels.
Radio shows were important in the past and the present because they can tell us more about what kind of world we’re living in and they can also teach us a life lesson. Radio is part of our American culture because on the radio some of our cultures are mentioned such as sports, the government and economy, music, movies, and many, many more. Radio shows are part of American values because they sometimes mention values such as freedom, success, equality, education, fitness, hard work, and many,many more.