my laughing moment | Teen Ink

my laughing moment

November 30, 2011
By johnnymetz BRONZE, No Answer, Pennsylvania
johnnymetz BRONZE, No Answer, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Ok so when I was a young boy…”
Just kidding it was actually over the summer. I went on a trip to the west and visited the states Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah. When my cousin, grandparents and I were in Durango, Colorado we went to just walk around in the towns of overpriced sunglasses with cool store names that just draw you in. Well first of all you need to know a few things like my Grandpop (Gpop) is sort of slow because he has a cane that is really a walking stick, but I just keep my mouth shut. Plus he has really bad jokes as in funny bad (like seriously they are just terrible), but otherwise he is just hysterical. Next the details about him like the wrinkles on his forehead. When he was in the Navy on the USS Enterprise the rail was broken on the elevator to the hanger and he fell 55 feet. So therefore he only has half of the wrinkles. He is always wearing some sort of Hat from the Navy to the places he has been. Plus me and my cousin, Joey, we sometimes get along, otherwise he is kind of deaf (metaphorically) because if I say something I have to repeat it like five times. Plus he can’t listen.
We are walking and in Durango and it’s a warm evening with a fairly good amount of other people. There’s that kind of orange feel in the air and the sky has really cool colors, and are they have those street crossings with the hand and it counts down from 30 or 38. So my Gpop and Gmom (Grandmom) are walking the pace they are.
“You guys can go ahead of us we will catch up;” my Gmom said.
“Ok,” I replied.

Therefore we went ahead and I don’t want to say that we ran across when we did.
Next Joey and I are catching our breaths when my Grandparents are half way across and the time goes out and that red hand goes up. 10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1.

“Ahh I have to go back,” said Gpop.
And Joey and I start cracking up, my face turns red, and my head feels like its 100°.It was just so funny at that moment. So he just keeps his normal posture and keeps on going his pace. So really he said it like a video game or something and to this day I still wonder how his mind thinks. Also all of the other people are staring at me like I’m crazy and my cousin didn’t think it was funny, but it was still funny for me.

The author's comments:
funny stuff