Future Obesity | Teen Ink

Future Obesity

By ArmySoldier BRONZE, Uniontown, Ohio
ArmySoldier BRONZE, Uniontown, Ohio

Future obesity is a growing problem in the United States now. So many people are becoming obese then ever before. I think we need to stop obesity as soon as possible so that generations to come are not effected by it. Also I think we need to put weight loss programs and commercials on TV than there ever was. Currently more than 190 million Americans are overweight or obese and its costing the United States over 147 billion dollars a year in obesity related diseases.

Obesity crosses all social economic groups. Inactivity, unhealthy eating habits, and changing food options are the reason for obesity. It seems like our government doesn’t even try to help stop obesity. Its almost seems like they never heard of it, the only person who seems to be doing anything is the first lady. We need to get it into the United States population’s heads that they need to stop this or their going to die. Over the past twenty years obesity has increased from 12% in 1989 to 27% in 2008. If we don’t stop obesity fast or it will soon become the leading cause of death in the United States.