Love in it's True Form | Teen Ink

Love in it's True Form

Have you ever met someone who treated you like you were their entire world? You were the air they breathed and they couldn't get enough. They spent every second trying to get to know you better and keep you around and fill your heart with the sweet sound of their name. You love them and they love you and that's all you need to live. It wakes you up in the morning and it gets you through situations that would normally break you down into nothing. You can't imagine living without them, because after all, you're their world. And they're yours.

Things change though, and they talk to you less and less. It goes from "Hey baby, I've missed you so much! You're so perfect and I want to grow old with you!" to a bored "Hi". It's not fair, and it rips you apart to your simplest elements, but it's a part of life and it's just something you have to deal with. During all those painfully sleepless nights and lonely tired days, all you can do is deal with it. And all that suffering leaves you numb and you feel yourself pull away from all the good feeling people of the world.

Remember when they told you they'd never hurt you? They kept their promise. They didn't hurt you- they destroyed you. And that's just how it goes.