Sunsets This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By , Baton Rouge, LA
When the sun sets behind the horizon it’s the most beautiful kind of scene. All the oranges, pinks, and blues shoot out across the sky. I’ve tried to capture its beauty in all different kinds of styles. But:

Paints don’t give it justice.

Pencils seem too grainy.

A perfect picture isn’t perfect enough.

No matter how I try to capture the sun set it fades away to quickly and another day of life has passed.

However old you are, it doesn’t matter. Everyone tries to capture a moment like that. A perfect single second where everything stands right, and you’re happy as anything. Though after I stopped trying to capture the pure beauty of a sunset I began to just sit back and watch them happen.

I believe that’s the best way to enjoy something like that. You have to just sit back and enjoy it while it lasts, because just like I can’t capture a sunset you can’t bottle up joy. It has to be free so that it can roam and give what it has to everyone.

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 7, 2012 at 6:22 am
Nice piece---it's so true! The sunset is a moment to be savored, hard to capture on camera or on paper.