Letter I Won't Send | Teen Ink

Letter I Won't Send

November 17, 2011
By hockey12345 BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota
hockey12345 BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Sydney,
I am writing to you today not only to apologize but also to ask for your forgiveness. I believe that our friendship went through a lot that led to its falling out. I want to sincerely apologize for everything negative that happened between us. I only told people about what was going on with your parents because of my love and concern for your own well being. I never meant for it to spiral out of control like it did. I hope you know that you were my best friend, my other half. I remember all the great experiences we shared and how we matured together. You taught me an immense amount of knowledge that I still carry in my heart today. Now that I have gotten that apology of my chest I want to ask for your forgiveness. I am not saying that we are immediately going to become friends again or even return to speaking terms. However, all I am asking of you is that you try to dig down in the depths of your heart and truly try to forgive me. I never meant for you to absolutely hate my guts. I only was trying to do the right thing with the circumstances I was placed in. In the end Sydney, I hope you at least accept my apology and begin to take steps towards forgiving me, even if they are baby ones.
Sincerely,
ME

The author's comments:
This is a letter asking for forgiveness from an old friend and also apologizing for things I did.