Battle in the Sky

The sun shines down on the clear, baby blue water. A single white chair sits in the middle of a private beach. It is facing the still water, unaware of the tragedy about to occur. It begins with long streaks of gold that trail off and turn to sapphire. The sapphire seeks to overwhelm the gold and rule under its dark, navy flag. The gold fights back with amber spears, stabbing into the sapphire, but they are blocked by thin azure shields. The chair simply watches as the sky tears itself apart, not helping, or feeling any emotion at all. It already knows the outcome of the battle. For it has seen it before, too many times to count . Now sapphire is beginning to break apart the ranks of gold and they are slowly crushed. The main force dwindles as well, retreating further and further. Then scarlet spills from the gold and it falls out of sight, leaving only crimson in its wake. Yet even that is overtaken by the sapphire and crushed. The sapphire, in its victory, throws out a navy sky that overtime fades to black. Though the gold has lost, it is not slain. Soon it shall rise to set the darkness and there will be light once more. The chair sits under the dark sky. Soon it will witness the rise of a great nation, but soon it will also witness its demise.

tewtee said...
I'm in love with all the detail you used. And the last sentence was powerful. Very nice.

Donahue8 replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 3:39 pm :
Thanks, honestly though, i think i could have made the last line better

tewtee replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 3:49 pm :
I liked it as it is. :)

Donahue8 replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 3:51 pm :
aw thanks :)

Horsegal15 said...
i like the amazing detail! i felt like i was there watching it happen. it really grabs anyone who will read this. good job:)

Donahue8 replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 3:31 pm :
thanks so much

matador said...
hah! that's pretty legit. i love all the detail you put into it!

Donahue8 replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 3:20 pm :

thanks :) It took a while to come up with the idea, after that i litteraly just atched a sunset and wrote down everything i was as if the sun was an army, and the rest of the sky was an army

Illuminatus replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 3:27 am :
does'nt get any better than this .... i havnt come across of such a VIVID explaination of a sunset !!!! amazing !!!!

wordjunkie replied...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 5:56 pm :
This is of a sunset right? beautiful. I like the impassive white chair. I like that it's white, actually. Im sure theres a reason, but I dont know it. I just like that its white :)

Donahue8 replied...
Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:00 pm :
a It's white because white is the reflection of all colors haha, like white things reflect every color. So it's not soposed to favor either side haah

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_khossec48auh90ikhsl4d9ijk1, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0