Battle in the Sky

The sun shines down on the clear, baby blue water. A single white chair sits in the middle of a private beach. It is facing the still water, unaware of the tragedy about to occur. It begins with long streaks of gold that trail off and turn to sapphire. The sapphire seeks to overwhelm the gold and rule under its dark, navy flag. The gold fights back with amber spears, stabbing into the sapphire, but they are blocked by thin azure shields. The chair simply watches as the sky tears itself apart, not helping, or feeling any emotion at all. It already knows the outcome of the battle. For it has seen it before, too many times to count . Now sapphire is beginning to break apart the ranks of gold and they are slowly crushed. The main force dwindles as well, retreating further and further. Then scarlet spills from the gold and it falls out of sight, leaving only crimson in its wake. Yet even that is overtaken by the sapphire and crushed. The sapphire, in its victory, throws out a navy sky that overtime fades to black. Though the gold has lost, it is not slain. Soon it shall rise to set the darkness and there will be light once more. The chair sits under the dark sky. Soon it will witness the rise of a great nation, but soon it will also witness its demise.

Aster.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 29, 2012 at 9:37 pm:

Great word choice, loved it!

naughtygirl17 said...

This was just... WOW!

Donahue8 replied...
Dec. 2, 2011 at 6:57 pm :
I hope wow in a good way hhaha 

naughtygirl17 replied...
Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:05 pm :
Yes, Wow! as in a very good way lol

sunshine7223 said...
I really enjoyed this! I like your choice of words! Keep writing. :)

Donahue8 replied...
Dec. 2, 2011 at 6:52 pm :
thanks :) haha everyone loves my word choice in this for some reason

ByThisBlindingLightThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Your word choice is so lovely and fancy!!

Donahue8 replied...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 5:28 pm :
haha thanks! I just uploaded a new one!

FishboytheWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

Donahue,

I love this! It'll slip through my mind everytime i stare at a sunset, which I do as often as i can.

Write on.

Donahue8 replied...
Nov. 25, 2011 at 6:42 pm :
thanks so much!!

CautionwetPaint said...
I like this, it's really deep. Keep on writing! :)

FishboytheWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 6:21 pm :

Donahue,

this is amazing. i'll Never look at a sunset the same way again.

Keep on Writing!

cookiegirl said...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 8:09 am:
Wow, beautiful description:) Nice choice of vocab.

meowers5This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Like it! Great vivid details!!

billgamesh11 said...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:31 am:
OMG!!! I love this! Wow, this should really be posted in the magazine!!! It made me think a little bit at first, then I finally got it! This is going on my favorites!!! That is so cool that you can look at things like this and interpret them like this! Wow! Great Job!!! Definitely Keep Writing!!! :):):);)

Donahue8 replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:40 am :
haha thanks :) I'm glad it made you think, and thanks, I think you're the first person to have this as a favorite

matador said...
there's alot of truth in that. it's reallt kind of sadd, people don't take the time to watch the sunset hardly like at all anymore..

Donahue8 replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:38 am :
I know what you mean

theartsaremylife said...
wow. This is an amazing piece. Your use of vocabulary is outstanding and the detail had my imagination going crazy! You're an amazing writer :) ~Hannah

Donahue8 replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:38 am :

haha thanks :) I'll cheak out some of your stuff too