Battle in the Sky | Teen Ink

Battle in the Sky

By Donahue8 BRONZE, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Donahue8 BRONZE, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

"The only easy day was Yesterday" -U.S. Navy SEALs

The sun shines down on the clear, baby blue water. A single white chair sits in the middle of a private beach. It is facing the still water, unaware of the tragedy about to occur. It begins with long streaks of gold that trail off and turn to sapphire. The sapphire seeks to overwhelm the gold and rule under its dark, navy flag. The gold fights back with amber spears, stabbing into the sapphire, but they are blocked by thin azure shields. The chair simply watches as the sky tears itself apart, not helping, or feeling any emotion at all. It already knows the outcome of the battle. For it has seen it before, too many times to count . Now sapphire is beginning to break apart the ranks of gold and they are slowly crushed. The main force dwindles as well, retreating further and further. Then scarlet spills from the gold and it falls out of sight, leaving only crimson in its wake. Yet even that is overtaken by the sapphire and crushed. The sapphire, in its victory, throws out a navy sky that overtime fades to black. Though the gold has lost, it is not slain. Soon it shall rise to set the darkness and there will be light once more. The chair sits under the dark sky. Soon it will witness the rise of a great nation, but soon it will also witness its demise.

A new way to view a sunset.

Manish9 SILVER said...
on Nov. 23 2011 at 3:27 am
Manish9 SILVER, Kanpur, Other
does'nt get any better than this .... i havnt come across of such a VIVID explaination of a sunset !!!! amazing !!!!

matador BRONZE said...
matador BRONZE, Hereford, Texas
there's alot of truth in that. it's reallt kind of sadd, people don't take the time to watch the sunset hardly like at all anymore..

theartsaremylife BRONZE, Buford, Georgia

"Creating art or something beautiful makes you a more fulfilled person than they can ever be, because they're caught up in what they hate rather than what they love." ~Andy Biersack

wow. This is an amazing piece. Your use of vocabulary is outstanding and the detail had my imagination going crazy! You're an amazing writer :) ~Hannah

Donahue8 BRONZE, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

aw thanks :)

tewtee SILVER said...
tewtee SILVER, San Jose, Other
I liked it as it is. :)

Donahue8 BRONZE, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

Thanks, honestly though, i think i could have made the last line better

tewtee SILVER said...
tewtee SILVER, San Jose, Other
I'm in love with all the detail you used. And the last sentence was powerful. Very nice.

Donahue8 BRONZE, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

thanks so much

samj97 SILVER said...
samj97 SILVER, Deerfield, New Hampshire

"It dosnt matter how many times you fell, it matters how many times you got up"

i like the amazing detail! i felt like i was there watching it happen. it really grabs anyone who will read this. good job:)

Donahue8 BRONZE, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

thanks :) It took a while to come up with the idea, after that i litteraly just atched a sunset and wrote down everything i was as if the sun was an army, and the rest of the sky was an army

matador BRONZE said...
matador BRONZE, Hereford, Texas
hah! that's pretty legit. i love all the detail you put into it!