The Recipe for a True Friend

As high school years go on, it becomes harder to get through stressful times alone. Imagine living through the years, friendless, with emotions constantly building, and overflowing, with no one to turn to. That is why a shoulder to cry on is always needed, through every gloomy day, a true friend is there. A true friend is essential to have, they should have the loyalty of a man’s best friend, be reliable enough to always “be there,” and have the ability to immediately flip emotions.

The mighty Greek philosopher Aristotle made an excellent point as to what makes up a dependable friendship; “In poverty, and other misfortunes of life, true friendships are a true refuge.” A refuge, that should include being able to trust that person enough to share your darkest secrets. If your friend told a secret without your consent; the probability of that friend being untrue is very high. The person must be chivalrous enough to keep that secret close to heart. No worries or assumptions can be made about this person, because you can trust that they are loyal to you.

Having the feeling of disappointment can be dreadful; hence, a true friend will never remiss your friendship. We are all aware of that feeling, when you needed a friend, but no one was there. That feeling crawls up your spine, and all you feel is remorse for trusting they would always be at your side, especially when you needed them most. But then again, in the end, you will find that friend, who is there forever. They will always help you, through thick and thin, which turns out to be that feeling that makes you feel on top of the world, and warms your heart.

A friend is a great benefactor; “those who have had a true friend for at least nine years cut their risk of death by 60%.” Being a teenager, we should have a constant flow of cheerful emotions, in which our best friends can ensure. Being sad should not be an option; a “best friend” should always make you smile, and achieve happiness. Just as British writer Mark Vernon said, “Lift some of the burden from our apparently unhappy, isolated lives, “in which our friends guide us to do, helping us flourish in our later lives.

The possibility of feeling hurt and disappointed can be eliminated by the presence of a “true” friend. This friend, made up of the crucial components of loyalty, reliability, and being life-changing will help us through this roller coaster we call life, and help us understand the recipe for a “true friend.”

Lui95 said...
cinnamon that was an incredibe piece, it is beautifully written:)

JBowley96 said...
Cinnamon, this is an absolutely wonderful piece of writing! I'm so proud of you. I love you buggy!

T.A.C said...
This article was written beautifully! I loved the references they made, and how spot on it was. I haven't read something more true in a while.. I'm glad someone's told something worth while. Hope to read more by them soon.

CinnamonBrickner replied...
That made my day! Thankyou so much!

T.A.C replied...
No problem! Keep up the great work, you're an excellent writer. Good luck with your future work :)!

Halo said...
Cinnamon, this article is amazing, and so inspiring. I love you

CinnamonBrickner replied...
Thank-you so much, but can I ask who this is?

Halo replied...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:55 am
Its Haily :)

Brunch said...
Wow! This is such an inspirational article. I can not thank you enough for writing this, it's reminded me of a big change I need to make in my life :)

CinnamonBrickner replied...
Thank-you! I was hoping for that..having troubles with friends always sucks. And I kinda needed a good way to vent about it!