Violent T.V. in America | Teen Ink

Violent T.V. in America

By StephenC BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
StephenC BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

"my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die." - Princess bride

TV can influence people as much as presidents these days. Haven’t you ever wanted to recreate what someone did on TV? People who do this for violent or just plain stupid shows, it usually doesn’t end well for them. TV shows can influence people to do stupid things because of shows like 1000 ways to die, Jersey Shore, And Jackass.

1000 ways to die is a show that can influence people to do stupid things. For one, simply put, people will die if they recreate it. People are already stupid as is on the show; we don’t need more people to act like them. Some people as well, might not believe what they do on the TV show, and try it themselves; and last, when people are drunk they might make someone do something, and might not even say it’s from the show.

Jersey Shore is a show that can influence people to do stupid things. For one, people are fighting all the time on that show. Some people might think these people are cool, and try to act like them and pick a fight with anyone they see. Also, everyone on this show is just plain stupid. I only saw one episode of this show; this guy was picking a fight with someone else and bashed his own head into this concrete wall and had to go straight to the hospital. People might be influenced to drink as well, which of course is bad and might make you do even more stupid things.

Jackass is a show that can influence people to do stupid things. For one, people are going to want to do the stuff they do on the show. People will get hurt over and over. And last, they’ll just waist money setting up the equipment to try and imitate the stuff they do.

TV shows can influence people to do stupid things. No matter what show, if people like it, they will do things that the people do on TV.