BMX ! | Teen Ink

BMX !

October 13, 2011
By Courtney Adams BRONZE, Marrero, Louisiana
Courtney Adams BRONZE, Marrero, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

If you don’t know what BMX is, I will tell you. BMX deals with riding bikes, and doing tricks on the bike. Before you try to do tricks you need to have good balance on a bike. You also need to know how to ride a bike. Your bike must also be very light.


You will have to spend about 350$ to 1500$. You have to spend this much depending on the brand of the bike you get. If you get a custom made bike that would make the price higher than a bike made by a company. A custom made bike price ranges from 600$ to 1500$, this is only if you want to get the best parts for your bike.


If you want to learn new tricks you can not be afraid of the bike. You also can’t be afraid to get a few injuries. If you wear elbow pads, knee pads, paints, long sleeve shirts, and helmets you would not get as many injuries. Without these things, you would get hurt badly if you don’t know what your doing.


Keeping up with your BMX bike is very important. Make sure nothing is loose. Make sure to check your chain on the bike to see if it is loose. If the chain is loose you have to make it smaller. Check if your handle bars can make a 360. If they can’t you need to get them fixed. Try to make the bike less than 30 pounds.