Planning a Deer Hunt | Teen Ink

Planning a Deer Hunt

By brandon collins BRONZE, Marreroe, Louisiana
brandon collins BRONZE, Marreroe, Louisiana

Planning to hunt is a fun thing to do if you’re a kid or an adult. There is a list of things you have to do. I shall tell all of the things you have to do to get ready. Well first I will tell you that you have to pick what
your hunting. There is a lot of stuff too hunt like deer, duck , and rabbits and a lot more. But I m going to tell you how to prepare to deer hunt.
First you are going to have to pass a test. The test is a hunting test at academy sports and outdoors. The test is simple all it asks you is how to use a gun and the safety of hunting. You have to pass the test to hunt. If you get caught and you didn’t take or pass the test you will get in trouble. By the way you have to be 12 years of age to take the test or older.
Now after you are done the test you have to start spending some money. You now have to get all the gear clothing and supplies. When buying hunting clothing you want to make sure you buy the thickest jackets and other clothing because it will be very cold. You want to get your jacket pants boots gloves and a bennie hat to keep you warm. Make sure these things are camo because your going to want to blend in with your surroundings and not be noticeable you are now done buying all your close .
Now time to buy your gun. You cant just use any gun to hunt with it has to be a hunting rifle. One of the best guns to buy is a 22 gage rifle. This is a great long range shooting gun. You need a long range gun is because the deer is going to be a good distance away. While buying the gun you are going to need some bullets for the gun. Be sure to buy the right one because not all guns have the same one.
Finally you are ready to go hunting. If you follow these steps you will have a great hunting seaseon.