My Goals | Teen Ink

My Goals

October 10, 2011
By Mathwig BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Mathwig BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In middle school I didn’t try as much as I should have, I got a lot of D’s and I didn’t care, I should have paid more attention and done my homework, but in high school I know that I won’t be able to slack off because my future depends on my grades. These goals will help me get through high school. My first goal is that this year I get at least 3 A’s each quarter of the year, my second goal is that I improve at playing softball with my family and play softball like my dad, my third and final goal is that I get a B or higher in all of my classes every year.

Each quarter this year I am going to try to get at least 3 A’s each quarter or the year. I am going to achieve this goal by doing homework and studying first and doing anything else second, like playing games or hanging out with friends. This goal is pretty important to me because it will help me in the future and I will have a higher GPA. So far, I have been doing quite well on this goal, and I hope that it continues. Another way I can accomplish this goal is by getting an A on all of my tests and quizzes. I’m hoping that when I am done with my goal that my parents will be proud of me and that they will be happy.

This summer I’m going to be playing softball with my dad, brother, and his friends in the summer. I’m going to try to improve on my swinging and out fielding because I plan on playing out field. Every weekend I go out and practice swinging and catching a softball with my dad, I think I have been improving so far. This goal will help me get through high school by getting my mind off school and relaxing and having fun. I’m hoping by accomplishing my goal that I will be ready to play softball over the summer and be good at it and win. I’m having my dad help me since he’s really good at softball and has been playing since he was a child. He started playing when he was around 13 with his brothers and his best friends. My dad told me a story about when he was playing softball with his friends and he hit the ball and it broke the school window and they ran as fast as they could back to their houses. I’m hoping that I’m going to be like my dad.

My final goal is that I could get a B or higher average in all four years of high school. I want to get this goal done because I want to be the smartest person in my family and have a good job when I am older. I’m going to complete this goal by doing all my homework and trying to avoid missing or late work. When I achieve my goal, I will be able to go to a good college and get a good education. I want to go to a 4-year college because I want to end up with a good job that I enjoy and make a lot of money. I’m going to try my hardest to get this goal completed because it is an extremely important goal that will help me out in life. Another reason why I want to complete this goal is that I’ll be the first or second person; most likely my brother will go to college first, to go to college in my family.

In conclusion, my first goal is that I get at least three A’s each quarter by trying my hardest and staying on task at school and at home, my second goal is that I improve at playing softball with my family and that I can be like my dad, my third goal is that I average a B or higher in all of my classes during my four years of high school so I can go to college and get a good education. If I complete all of these goals, I will have the successful life that I’m wanting and that I will live the best life that I possibly can. Also, my kids will have a better life and be happier in life, which is all I want.

The author's comments:
This was a class assignment.