Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Pro Side | Teen Ink

Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Pro Side

By dmoney23 SILVER, Mattawan, Michigan
dmoney23 SILVER, Mattawan, Michigan

\"I am fast. To give you a reference point I am somewhere between a snake and a mongoose…and a panther.\"~Dwight Schrute

The Atomic Bombs, ruined but saved many lives, stopped the pacific world war, and not surrendering after the pearl harbor bombings. The reason why the United States dropped the Atomic Bomb on both Hiroshima and Nagasaki is because Japan said they would fight to the death. For one example that Japanese were killing innocent people from barging into peoples homes to kill the soldiers family and crushing their spirits. Also when Japanese started using kamikazes to ruin United States naval bases. Another reason we should’ve have dropped both the Atomic Bombs is that soldiers probably would’ve been forced to go on ground missions and invade Japan. Experts say that if the United States didn’t drop the Atomic Bombs that we would have lost at the least 950,000,00 people. Who knows maybe twice the much of that if the war would’ve lasted five or even ten more years.

A huge reason why we should’ve dropped the atomic bombs is pearl harbor. President Franklin D. Roosevelt said, "December 7, 1941, a date which will live in infamy, in the history of the United States." Experts say two weeks after the bombings of pearl harbor happened the U.S were debating to drop an atomic bomb right away on a location in Japan. The united states thought we were brought into the war by Japan so we better finish Japan. If we wouldn’t of took action in the pacific world war who knows what could’ve happened if there were going to be bombings in the states.

Lastly is the money and lives in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, but in also the United States. When we dropped the Atomic Bombs many lives were lost but think of how many lives could’ve have been lost on both sides. From kamikazes, to both American and Japanese soldiers. For the cost waiting for Japan to surrender would not be free. The United States would have to employ soldiers, weapons and ammunition. Those things didn’t cost so cheap back in the mid to late 1940s. This is a good thing to because it showed the world what a non-peaceful place it is and the dangers of nuclear power. One thing is that imagine if the world built bigger nuclear bombs, bigger than Little Boy and Fat Man. Some country could’ve dropped one on the country and was to big for the country and wiped of the face of the earth. Not only did the Atomic Bombs stop the pacific world war, but it prevente

dmoney23 SILVER, Mattawan, Michigan

the last part is prevented a world nuclear war