The Power of Paper

A blank piece of paper: to some, it is a worthless bit of rubbish fit to be thrown away. To others, an empty sheet of paper is only useful to scribble or doodle on when boredom strikes; some people find a piece of paper- blank or otherwise- terrific kindling; others use paper to keep records or jot down what necessary data must be remembered. Oh, but paper has so much more potential. To an artist, a true artist, bare paper is an empty pallet. It is a gateway to any world imaginable.
With the twist of a pen, a writer can weave a tale so delicious that it touches everyone who sets eyes upon the page. A painter can dab color here and there until, behold, a masterpiece has been created. A sketch artist needs only a drawing instrument to twist about before the once blank sheet of paper is filled with inconceivable splendor. Poets pen their verse; troubled souls spill heavy hearts; lovers compose words of passionate adoration. Paper is a gateway to the very essence of humanity. Its power should not be taken lightly.