Someday | Teen Ink

Someday

By AnnaC.Wysocki SILVER, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
AnnaC.Wysocki SILVER, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The lunatic, the lover, and the poet are of imagination all compact.- Shakespeare (A Midsummer Night's Dream: Act 5, Scene 1)

Someday when I grow up, I will have no regrets. I will no longer cringe when I remember awkward moments. I won't have to think about my words because they will be natural and perfect. My thoughts will always be collected and I never will be confused.

Someday when I grow up, I will never be afraid to make new friends. I won't feel that I’m less than someone else. I won’t duck my head every time I walk by a large crowd of people. I won't avoid conversations for fear of sounding unintelligent.

Someday when I grow up, I won't compare myself with others. I'll appreciate everyone without feeling jealous. I'll know that I'm not only different but also special. I'll acknowledge my talents and accept my flaws. I’ll be proud of my successes and learn from my failures.

Someday when I grow up, I'll be comfortable in my own skin. I won't spend two hours trying to get ready because I'll know that no matter what I'll look like me. I'll never change what I'm wearing or how I'm acting because someone else is. I'll be confidant enough to leave the house without makeup.

Someday when I grow up, I won't be so naive. I won't let myself be overpowered by people who I feel have greater authority. I'll form my own opinions and stand behind them. I'll trust my gut, and never be blindly trusting.

Someday when I grow up, I will be truly happy. I'll smile and mean it. Not just some of the time but always. My happiness will be infectious, and everyone will benefit from it. I'll be fulfilled and satisfied.

Someday when I grow up, I'll be beautiful inside and out. I'll find a way to make my hair less frizzy. I'll find a way to make my legs less skinny. I'll find a way to be more generous and kind. I'll give more and take less. I'll take care of my family, friends, and community.

Someday when I grow up, I'll stop worrying about the future, because I'll know that my best is all I can do ,and the rest will work out. I'll have forgotten about trying to find the perfect job, house, husband, and life and just live in the moment. I won't look for fulfillment because it will be inside of me.
Someday when I grow up, I won't be afraid: afraid of others, of myself, of the world, and of emotion. Someday I'll be me: The best of me. I wish today was someday.

This is the "ideal" grown-up me.