I Love Rock n' Roll | Teen Ink

I Love Rock n' Roll

By MusicBunny4595.7 SILVER, Waxahachie, Texas
MusicBunny4595.7 SILVER, Waxahachie, Texas

\\\"You know black, is this years pink.\\\" ~Glinda the Good

I love Rock n’ Roll. How many times has that line been sung? Everyone knows the tune to the verse that makes up the anthem of all people who have ever heard the term Rock n’ Roll. But does anyone care? And how many people do you know that actually know the name of the fabulous artist that wrote the immortal song?

Those lyrics are of the immortal song “I Love Rock n’ Roll” by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. It is true, I DO love rock, it’s my pulsing beat that carries me on when a hard day’s gone by, or when I need something to take me away from life and just let me think. When people are asked who their favorite band is I always expect to hear Eminem, Kesha, Rihanna, or someone like that. And I usually do. But whatever happened to the good classic music like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Kiss, Joan Jett, and so many others that made the 80s such a great time?

Most have been forgotten in the dust by the people that they strove to impress with immortal songs like Stairway to Heaven, Highway to Hell, Rock n’ Roll All Night, and who can forget I love Rock n’ Roll? But they have. People don’t want to remember the good times that people went through on tours or the struggles and trials that they went through to continue they’re time in the lime light. The amazing stories of people, all forgotten because of bubblegum music.

These artists put on shows! Fabulous stage shows that made their fans scream, with songs where they knew the lyrics without even hearing the people sing them. Now most singers just play recorded track and dance around on a stage trying to be “sexy” or look they’re tough, depending on what their music is like. It’s not right; people go to hear them sing, not to watch them embarrass themselves looking like they’re high!

I give an apology to anyone who thinks that this is real music. It’s not. Music is being able to hear a bass line keeping a rhythm, drums pounding up a storm, guitar solos playing and a voice that’s stronger than steel belting out an anthem that everyone knows.

I’ve fallen in love with this music; it’s my passion and my life. If I didn’t have it I don’t know what I’d do. It’s what I want to do, playing on a stage in front of thousands of people, with a band that everyone loves and knows the name of, shouting out the lyrics to our songs, screaming our names.

That’s the kind of music that I want back. A revolution of mind, soul and body. That’s what people need to bring back the good life. The life of the 80s and Rock. It’s a perfect balance of life, that can’t get any better than it is.

“Music is my religion.” ~Joan Jett

This is just something I wasw inspired to write while listening to none other than I Love Rock n' Roll