Grandma | Teen Ink

Grandma

By xXMeggersXx BRONZE, Mitchell, South Dakota
xXMeggersXx BRONZE, Mitchell, South Dakota

Grandma, why’d you have to leave? Why'd you leave me before I even knew who you were? Why'd you leave me before I could say Good Bye? I know you were hurting, but so am I. I think about you everyday, everyday I miss you. There isn't a day that goes by that I don’t miss you. Even though it's been nine years, I still cry when I think of you. I know you don’t want me to but I can’t help it. It just comes natural, and I know god needed you. He only takes the people he needs. I hope you’re up there in heaven, chilling with Jesus everyday. When we meet again, up in heaven, it will be the happiest day of my life. The happiest day that I will ever have, because from everything everyone tells me, I'm so lucky to even have you for a grandma, even if it was for only a short time. When we lost you, I was too young to even know what happened. That's why I might not have cried. That's why I might not have shown any sorrow. But I cared, I've always cared. I understand now that you did what you had to do, even if others don’t agree. To put my feelings in words, I love you more than anyone could.

~Megan