This Is My "Ink." | Teen Ink

This Is My "Ink."

August 7, 2011
By chathryn BRONZE, Enterprise, Florida
chathryn BRONZE, Enterprise, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Every work of art is different. I can honestly tell you, that I never thought a compilation of words, whether it be on a sheet of paper or crammed into a book, would be considered a piece of art. My definition of art was always something that was sculpted or a picture in a frame. Lately, I can tell you, that I’ve been finding art in so many unsuspecting places. Like my mind. I’ve been blogging so much about fashion and writing about the things I’ve been doing daily and the struggles I’ve faced and I’m noticing, that’s art. Putting the right words together and making them stand out through every adjective. It’s like coloring a piece from any children’s coloring book… but, with words.
I may not be able to tell you a romantic, fiction story of boy meets girl, but I can tell you about the things that I do every day… and, hopefully make it sound good enough to make it interesting to you. My mind is constantly running from place to place and every once in a while, that makes a good story to tell. This is my “Ink.” The mark I’m leaving on this planet before I go. I want the world to see what I can do and the things that I’m capable of. I want to be noticed, I want to mean something to somebody other than family or a friend. I want to be a hero to a stranger I’ve never met through the words that I’m writing for them.
Enjoy.