Perfectly Not | Teen Ink

Perfectly Not

*why do i need to be perfect? why can't i just be me? i'd have all i need, i don't need to be cleaned.
('cuz you delete my life as if it were a waste)*

and in your foolish haste you seem to have broken my heart. yet you don't care, 'cuz it's your start of a batter life, a better life than mine.

so you say i'm not cool, think you are such a jewel. but when the time comes, the time to celebrate destroying me, you are among the ones who party. how could i have ever called you my friend? i said it would last until the end. but now i know. it is the end. the end of me being eith you. everything you say and believe isn't true.

i can't believe my life was once complete, filled with you. now when they say your name, i only wish i could say "who?" but even when i didn't know it, feel it, want it, or need it, you altered me. altered me in a way that my life can never be the same. i'll always be living with regrets of how it should have been. but why does it have to be about me, when- actually indeed- you're the frenemy in need?

i wish i could help you become a better person, make you stop the lies and false cheer, but i would hate to be sucked into your you-ness, it's something i fear. deep inside, underneath the You Factor, you know what you need and how to get it. how to change your life for the better. and yet you deny it. deny yourself the riches beyond compare. way back then, i was always there. you just didn't want me. i don't understand why i don't hate you, why i sympathize. the only thing i felt around you why i shouldn't be me.

*why do i need to be perfect? why can't i just be me? i'd have all i need, i don't need to be cleaned.*

you cannot delete my life, it is not a waste, i'm not a waste, you're not a waste, the only waste in this life is the time i spent with you.

*why do i need to be perfect? why can't i just be me? i'd have all i need, i don't need to be cleaned. *
nobody's perfect.