My Bedroom | Teen Ink

My Bedroom

My bedroom. The place where I can get away from it all. I love my room for several different reasons. And there are also a few reasons I dislike my room. Either way, I wouldn’t stitch!

First off, I live in a farmhouse. It’s old, but completely remodeled. But out of everything in my house, my room has to be my favorite room in the house. It’s a large room, on the second level, with two large windows. It has hardwood floors and a walk in closet.

To get more specific, I obviously use my room for sleep. On those hazy school mornings, when I get to wake up and see the sunrise coming in through my huge windows. Or Saturday mornings when I just get to sleep. Also just laying in bed at night, and looking at the dark, yet starry night.

Secondly I do my homework in there. I read on my bed, or write on the floor. My room is always very quiet, and peaceful. That makes it so much easier to complete assignments. I finish all types of homework there, including computer work.

Ahh yes. The computer. The one thing I enjoy most about that room. I use it for many things, mainly for e-mail and messenger. I also finish a lot of papers on there, too.

Well for all the things I love in my room, there are a few things I would love to change about that room. Such as the fish tank, windows, and paint

The fish tank I got in fifth grade is no longer enjoyable. It used to be cool but now it’s just boring, a nuisance to clean, and the bubbles and filter are annoying. Right now, I’m going to let it die out, so I can move it out of my room, so I have more space, possibly for a TV.

Another thing is that the window in my room fogs up always. Yet the other window is fine, this one is annoying, because I can’t see out very well.

And lastly, the paint is chipping. That should be all over soon, since my mom is painting the house.

As you can see here, there are many things I love about my room, and a few of those pesky things that annoy me!