Women Aren't Warriors | Teen Ink

Women Aren't Warriors

By Dmastafunk BRONZE, Albany, New York
Dmastafunk BRONZE, Albany, New York

Coming from a family of Marines (2 of my brothers my Dad and both my Grandpas) I hear a lot of talk about women and gay people in the military, I heard stories too, my dad told me this story: They were in a bunker when insurgents fired on them and a woman on the turret broke down crying because she couldn’t take the life of another human being. Now there is nothing wrong with that except for the fact that they were in combat, and if someone’s life is in danger I don’t care who finds it offensive but women (usually) don’t have what it takes to fight in battle.

When you think of your mom what do you think of? Gardening, hugs, cleaning, cooking, make up, helping your baby brother? But do you ever think of Rambo? Of course not!

I know that it’s true that girls have a higher pain tolerance than boys but that doesn’t mean that they’re the terminator. Also if you say that if boys can do something, that means a girl can too, that’s just silly (have you ever heard of a lumberjill?). Even though its stereotypical that men are stronger than women that doesn't mean it’s not true ( for the most part). There are a lot of things that girls can do that boys can’t, but you never see a guy petitioning about not being able to play professional softball.

Another issue is that people in other countries don’t have the same view of women that we do. A lot of women in the military have been captured, tortured and then raped (sorry but it’s the ugly truth). According to helpforveterans.blogspot.com “1/3 women in the military have been sexually assaulted ,and 2/3 women in the military will be sexually harassed. Also if you’re on the front line and there is a really hot girl there, wouldn’t you be distracted (unless you’re a chick… I hope)?

There are a lot of jobs in the military for women, but if it involves a fire arm it shouldn’t involve women. Woman should be able to protect themselves in case of battle but they shouldn’t be in a situation where they need to be able to protect themselves. I know that some women have what it takes to fight in the military, but don’t you think they should be put in the same training regimen as men? Yeah, if you didn’t know that now you do, so if they want it equal make it equal.

I wouldn't want my Mom in the military and you would never want to take a mother from their child. To be honest I lived most of my life without my Dad but I couldn’t live without my Mom. I would never want a child to be taken away from their parent but there is a bond between a mother and her children that a father cant achieve (no offence).

Now that you’ve heard my opinion I hope that you aren’t so anti-non-women in the military or that I may have changed your view slightly. Just cause you’re a girl doesn’t mean ‘you’ll be back’.

I want people to know that women not being able to serve on the frontlines isnt segragation only safty.

yomama said...
Dmastafunk is a crazy sick nasty funk masta and you should read his article.