Love That Lets Go | Teen Ink

Love That Lets Go

July 7, 2011
By PierceVencer BRONZE, Jamaica, New York
PierceVencer BRONZE, Jamaica, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When life knocks you down, you can choose whether or not to get back up"


I still remember the time you said goodbye, especially the way you said it with your warm, sweet voice. With the wind brushing against my hair, the sweet sound of the birds humming from afar. The moment was perfect. YOU were perfect ….me………….us.

I was at my hotel room with my brother when she knocked and asked me if we could talk, the expression on her face was unlike any other expression I saw her with before. It was obvious she was somehow worried. And so we went to the lobby of the hotel, she was squeezing my hand so hard I told her to let go. Its only after what she said that made me think to myself, “I shouldn’t have never said that” . “Pierce, these past days have been the days of my life. I love you so much and the fact that im gonna let you go is killing me.”, “I don’t understand”, I said with a shaky voice. “Come with me, I‘ll tell you there.”

After walking 5 blocks, we reached a hill with only one tree planted on. “I‘m leaving you, not because I want to, its because I have to.” the moment she said that, I felt as if the whole world crashed around me. “But you have internet right, we could see each other via webcam.” , I replied. “Yes, but I just cant survive long distance relationships. Im so sorry.” …”its okay”, I replied. And just as I was about to hug her, she held my face, “I love you”, she said to me, I said I love you back. With the wind brushing against my hair, the sweet sound of the birds humming from afar. The moment was perfect. She held my face close to hers, and whispered “kiss me”, it made a shiver run down my spine, and a tear dropped from my eyes, and we kissed our last kiss.

I refuse to tell the rest of the story, cause doing so will only bring back the painful memories I never want to remember. But I will tell you, that whole 5 days I was with her, were the days I would never trade for anything. People say if you really love someone you have to let them go, but I always wonder, if you let them go, what good is that gonna for you? But I guess if you really want them to be happy, you would.


The author's comments:
I wrote this because I remebered the time I was deeply in love girl who I met at a farm and we were both inlove with each other but she lives in Canda and I live in New York, so we kinda had to go separate ways so yeah.