Why the World Needs a Savior

In the 2006 film Superman Returns, Lois Lane writes and article for the Daily Planet titled ‘Why the World Doesn’t Need Superman.’ Later in the movie, when Superman takes Lois for a flight, he asks her what she hears. Of course being miles up in the sky, and lacking super-hearing, she says, “Nothing.” To which he replies, “I hear everything. People crying out for a savior.”
Lois eventually realizes that she was wrong. The world needs Superman. She needs Superman. At the end of the movie, after Superman sees Jason, Lois’s son, one last time, Jason wakes up and calls out the window to him. Lois, who is standing in her yard, wishing that Superman isn’t dead, looks up to see Superman hovering in front of her, over the river. She says, “Will we see you…around?”
Superman smiles and says, “I’m always around.”

I don’t have super-hearing, but I hear people crying out for a savior. In the news, on Facebook, on the street, at the library, in Wal-Mart. They might not always think that’s what they’re doing, but they are. They have problems. I don’t know what they are. Maybe it’s drugs or alcohol. They might have family issues. But no matter what they’re all going through, they are all thinking the same thing. “I need a savior.” Not necessarily those words, but something similar.
The world needs a Savior, and there’s only one. Jesus. You probably think I’m a lunatic, but it’s true. The only one who can save this world is Jesus.
Next time you have a problem, remember, He’s always around.