AC/DC: Maximum Rock and Roll | Teen Ink

AC/DC: Maximum Rock and Roll

AC/DC: Maximum Rock and Roll by Murray Engleheart is about an Australian/Scottish band’s form and how it became one of the biggest hard rock bands in the world. Although it is the only book Murray Engleheart ever wrote, it really captures the story behind the famous Aussie band.
In the book, Murray talks about the start of the band, and the troubles that they had with money and transportation. They lived in a very poor, rural area of Scotland and money and jobs were very hard to find. But then the two brothers met there band mates, Phil Rudd, Cliff Williams, and Bon Scott.
After the bands first release of the album “Jailbreak ‘74”, they got signed and went on a mini tour around the UK. The years following, AC/DC released “Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap”, “High Voltage”, “Let There Be Rock”, “T.N.T”, and “Powerage”. In 1980, AC/DC’s front man (Bon Scott) passed away from alcohol poisoning. The band was sure to fail, but instead, they found a new front man.
In late 1980, AC/DC released “Back in Black” with front man Brian Johnson. Since then the band has released several albums, and is still on tour to this day. I give this book 5 out of 5 because it showed plenty of pictures, and real quotes from people who worked with the band. I believe this band will surprise you every time you read it, even if you are a diehard fan of AC/DC like me.

What inspired me to write this, is just my love about music. AC/DC is one of my favorite brands and that will never change.