Dear Apathy | Teen Ink

Dear Apathy

By projectwarbird SILVER, Cordova, Tennessee
projectwarbird SILVER, Cordova, Tennessee

"Aristophanes once wrote, roughly translated; 'Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever.'" ~William Hundert

Dear Apathy,

Despite your growing popularity with single white men between the ages of 15 and 30 you are not doing me any favors. You encourage me to lie around all day and do nothing. This may be suitable for some but not me. I have things I have to do and I can’t do them if you continually demand my time. I’ve had some fun times with you don’t get me wrong but the days when I could afford to do nothing have come and gone. Time slips through my fingers as I try to entertain you and before I know it another day is wasted. With each day that ticks by is another chance I’ve lost to do something important. My book has been left untouched for the last week and I cannot afford to loose any more time. So farewell my old friend. It’s been fun but this just isn’t going to work out. Don’t try and persuade me to let you stay, it’s over. Accept it. Go find someone more willing to succumb to your ways. As for me, I have work to get done.

Yours Truly,

projectwarbird.

I've been feeling apathetic since I finished school so I wrote this to motivate myself to do something.

AsIAm PLATINUM said...
AsIAm PLATINUM, Somewhere, North Carolina

"According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking." — Jonathan Stroud (Ptolemy's Gate)

haha nice one Warbird :)  Haven't seen you around lately - how's the book?