Dear Apathy

Dear Apathy,

Despite your growing popularity with single white men between the ages of 15 and 30 you are not doing me any favors. You encourage me to lie around all day and do nothing. This may be suitable for some but not me. I have things I have to do and I can’t do them if you continually demand my time. I’ve had some fun times with you don’t get me wrong but the days when I could afford to do nothing have come and gone. Time slips through my fingers as I try to entertain you and before I know it another day is wasted. With each day that ticks by is another chance I’ve lost to do something important. My book has been left untouched for the last week and I cannot afford to loose any more time. So farewell my old friend. It’s been fun but this just isn’t going to work out. Don’t try and persuade me to let you stay, it’s over. Accept it. Go find someone more willing to succumb to your ways. As for me, I have work to get done.

Yours Truly,

projectwarbird.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

AsIAmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
haha nice one Warbird :)  Haven't seen you around lately - how's the book?