Losing Mike | Teen Ink

Losing Mike

By angelique todd SILVER, Norfolk, Virginia
angelique todd SILVER, Norfolk, Virginia

I woke up one morning and went to the kitchen to get something to eat. There I saw my cousin sitting at the table with her friend crying, I asked her what was wrong but she didn’t say anything she left out the kitchen and went upstairs, so I said forget it and ate. Later on she went outside and came back in and I said, “Ashley what’s wrong, please tell me,” she said “Mike was killed.” Mike was our friend that lives down the street from my cousin. I live in Virginia and they live in Philadelphia but hearing he was gone made me realized how short life is. I hit the floor crying with the thoughts of a high school graduate being shot eight times.
At times I think about him and cry because it’s so hard letting it go. I believe the good die young because people hate on you and when they see you trying to do something to better yourself they hate even more. Just like they did Mike they feel one way or another they are going to make sure you don’t achieve it; he didn’t do anything to anybody he had plans to go to a community college and those “HATERS” didn’t have nothing else to do but take his life away. Not only did they take that from him but they took him from his loved ones and now we’re suffering because we miss him to death. I believe you should live life to the fullest, just as Mike did, he didn’t stop let them stop him from making money and being a good person. I mean you don’t know when it’s your turn to depart from this earth so make use of if it. Do anything for yourself meaning if you want to discover a new species don’t put it on hold just go do it. If you want to help others achieve their goals then do it. I also believe when you help those in need then when it’s your turn to go, there’s a heaven you’ll make it in. I BELIEVE MIKE MADE IT IN THAT HEAVEN!