Summer | Teen Ink

Summer

By BreeTree BRONZE, Whittier, California
BreeTree BRONZE, Whittier, California

As the school year comes to an end, most students have only one thing on their minds---summer. The one time of the year where you can be whatever you want to be and nobody can judge you for it. The time where you can do whatever you want and no one can stop you. Where the world is handed to you on a silver platter and it is up to you to take it and make the most out of it.

Summer, for me, is a time for myself when I take the time to care about what I need and what I can do to make myself better. I tend to spend the warm afternoons reading on the trampoline or spending time with my mother and sister. I spend some of my nights reconnecting with old friends at the movie theater or a cafe. Although I enjoy all of these things, the best part of summer for me is the chance to travel with my family. I don’t mean the luxurious trips to Europe that some families make. I mean the simple camping/fishing trips to a random lake or the drives to San Diego to visit my sister. Just the chance to get out for a day and spend some time connecting with my family brings me joy.

Another obvious enjoyment of summer is the break away from school. It gives you a chance to clear your mind and get away from all of the stress. With all the free time, there is no limit to what you can do in a given day. It is all just pure fun and relaxation for about two months, and when it is all over, you even feel a little excited to go back to school. Summer is amazing. Summer is golden. Summer is essential.