Saudi Arabia's Environment | Teen Ink

Saudi Arabia's Environment

Saudi Arabia is located in the Middle East and has a dry desert environment. Of all the countries in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia and Israel have the highest CO2 emissions. This is due to the high economies of both countries. Although Saudi Arabia signed the Kyoto Protocol, they haven’t really held their end of the deal because carbon emissions keep increasing. If Saudi Arabia doesn’t change its ways, it will make the environment even worse than it already is. There are environment laws they have made that are preventing CO2 emissions.

Saudi Arabia is a very arid environment and cannot support very many plants or animals. It does have a few oases that support a very small amount of plants and animals. The animals that are native to Saudi Arabia are camels and few reptiles. Camels can hold large amounts of water and have great endurance. The reptiles that live in the deserts know how to survive in these harsh environments.

The people of Saudi Arabia don’t use the land for much. It’s barren and full of deserts. Growing crops may be possible by the coast where it’s a kind of tropical weather. Other than that it’s impossible to live off of the land. They depend on outside countries and imports and exports to keep them going.

The energies that Saudi Arabia uses are petroleum-oil, and natural gas. They are worth their weight in gold and allow the country to have a rich economy and prosper. The oil wasn’t discovered for a long while which made the country undesirable. That’s why Saudi Arabia wasn’t really colonized by an outside country. Their oil is worth a lot of money and will keep the country rich as long as it is around.