this is believe | Teen Ink

this is believe

May 22, 2011
By shafitness BRONZE, Inverness, Illinois
shafitness BRONZE, Inverness, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I believe that everything happens for a reason and that God has a plan for our lives. God doesn’t put anything in our lives that He doesn’t know we can’t conquer. People, who create hurdles in our lives, are put there on purpose.
When one of my best friends was diagnosed at the age of sixteen with cancer, I told myself that there could be no possible reason for this happening. What could have been God’s plan with her pain and suffering? I convinced myself there was no plan and no reason; ultimately convincing myself there was no God at all. When she had the tumor removed from her leg successfully, I began to see what God’s plan was and the reason for allowing my friend to go through what she did. In a way He was testing her, testing her strength. He knew she could handle the cancer. He was also testing her friend’s dedication to being loyal, while she went through all the chemo treatments and doctor’s appointments. He wanted to make sure our friendship wasn’t just the generic kind that most teenagers have, but a friendship of more substance one of loyalty. My friends and I had promised our friend we would never leave her side, no matter what. Her cancer brought all of our friends closer together, and brought me closer to God.
Everything happens for a reason in life and even when something seems to be going all wrong, you just have to remember that God has a plan. Because if God puts you to it, He will help you through it.