My Autobiagraphy | Teen Ink

My Autobiagraphy

By ReganBurns BRONZE, McKinney, Texas
ReganBurns BRONZE, McKinney, Texas
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

I was born on April 25, 1997 at 4:50 a.m. I weighed seven pounds and one-fourth ounces and was nineteen and three-fourths inches tall. I was the second child of the Burns family, right after my older sister, Samantha.
When I was about five months old I got sick with R.S.V. I had stopped breathing and was rushed to the hospital by helicopter where I was able to recover with help from great doctors.

At around the same I was baptized by Father Kelly into the Catholic church.

When I was three years old my mom had another girl on August 9, 2000, named Jamie. Only two years after that, right after I started elementary school at Wolford, I got another baby sister, named Erin, on April 26, 2002.

When I was in second grade, my mom had a boy on April 14, 2005. As soon as he was born the doctors had to rush him to intensive care because he had a heart defect. The doctors were luckily able to save my brother.

Two years later, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was in fourth grade at the time so I didn’t really understand what that meant. It was a hard time for my family because my dad was always at work and my mom was often in the hospital or at my grandma’s house recovering. My siblings and I had to adjust to a life where we were often taken to different family members houses and unable to just go home and have a normal day. However, after about a year and more than five surgeries, my mom was cured of cancer.

In 2008 I started middle school at Evans. I joined the Lil Krings’ Relay for Life team in spring 2010 when I was in seventh grade and again in eighth grade in spring 2011. I also joined the Youth Group at my church at the beginning of eighth grade. Next year I plan to attend a confirmation class in order to be Confirmed into the Catholic faith. At the same time I will be a freshman at McKinney Boyd High School.