The Path Chosen

As I'm becoming older I've realized the world wants me to change it. The only option life has given me is how to change the world. I had to search for that one thing that I could excel in. To discover what key will unlock this chain I would have to look harder at my intrests. I think I found it and it is journalism.
At first I wasn't sure if journalism was for me, but I had to give it a chance. I decided to try the U.I.L. journalism team at school.I attended a meeting and I was confused. I thought journalism was journalism. I never knew there was so many rules.Since I'm not a quitter I learned the rules. After a while I got the hang of it. Writing became easier and easier as I practiced diligently.
I began to compete against other with the same love at U.I.L. meets. Being a freshman made me not focus mainly on winning, but fixing my mistakes and improving my work. At my second U.I.L. meet in Fairfield I actually placed in an event. Hearing my name being spoken on the announcements gave me such inspiration to continue. When I went to College Station I was shocked. There were so many schools in attendence that there was no way a person's personal space could not be invaded. I didn't let that get in my way though. Out of twenty-three schools I finished with sixth place in Feauture Writing.
Next was the district U.I.L. meet. I was ready to write. I competed in all of the journalism events because I performed well previously. The next week my teacher smiled like never before when I walked through the door. Somehow I received fourth place in Feauture Writing and sixth place in News Writing. This gave me all the information I needed to know.
Well I think I've found that piece to the puzzle, and faster than I ever expected. I want to actually go farther than a journalist though. I want to be a broadcast-journalist. The news desk is my goal to get to. Hopefully, the world can watch me change it on their television at ten o'clock.