Have You Ever | Teen Ink

Have You Ever

Have you ever meet a person you just wish that everyone would ignore for a week so reality would slap him in the face; wake him up from his fantasy world where he believes he’s some kind of god, or king-of-the-hill? That he would just wake up and “smell the coffee” just for once? But, of course he or she is too busy with the normal events that make up their normal day that you are invisible to them. They are too conceited, too all mighty, too superior to see that person that once was his friend. “ What defines a friend” I ask “ what defines it, because if they don’t talk to each other, they don’t acknowledge each others accomplishments, even acknowledge that their both in the same room, if they cant even look each other in the eye, then I do not believe that they are friends, or even acquaintances. I believe that they are nothing, typical, run-of-the-mill people. They are the people that you see every day for a year. Three hundred and sixty-five days you’ve seen that same familiar face walking down the halls or in your homeroom, but still your pride out shines the person you think you are and mustering up the words “hi” is moot. Have you ever meet some one who you absolutely hate but cant stop thinking about? Well… I have, and he’s the reason I can’t wait till high school.