Dear Mom | Teen Ink

Dear Mom

By Mikaela_Ivey SILVER, Webster City, Iowa
Mikaela_Ivey SILVER, Webster City, Iowa

Dear Mother of Mine,
I wish we could be the same again. I mean we haven’t really talked to each other very often. I’m gone with the kids, or you just watch TV/get on the computer. We don’t really have that mother daughter relationship. I mean you’re my mom and all. I love you a lot, and happy you can take care of me. I just think that we need to spend more time together. I know this won’t happen, because we each have our own life, and you don’t have “money.” I just wish you understood how I feel. We don’t do anything together any more.

I remember when we would always go do something on the weekend. Now it changed. All you do is play bingo, and to me that is boring. Sometimes when I try to talk to you, you just get mad, because I distract you. A teenage daughter still needs her mom. I mean that doesn’t always get mad, and actually listens to things.

I just hope you get my memo. Maybe you will understand where I’m coming from. Doubt it though. Hang soon? Well maybe Not?

I was inspired by the way my mom is. I realized some how i need to get my point across. My writing is how.