Twas the Day of Christmas | Teen Ink

Twas the Day of Christmas

By SweetSplash BRONZE, Amery, Wisconsin
SweetSplash BRONZE, Amery, Wisconsin

Christmas Day is occupied by liveliness. The morning is begun when mischievous eyes awaken with a twinkling glimmer. The sounds of little feet are heard, racing to the glistening Christmas tree, which conceal extraordinary surprises mysteriously hidden different ways. Wrapping paper is strewn across the lively room, as packages are undone and the contents revealed to anxious little eyes.

When the afternoon rolls around, giggles of close friends and family are heard throughout the house. Rosy cheeks are seen after a trek in the wintery outdoors. Freshly baked goods fill the house with a cheery and soothing aroma. Cries of victory are heard as suspenseful games finally come to an end.

As Christmas Day draws to a close, the house quiets to the peaceful reading of the Christmas story. This calm atmosphere soon gives way to crying, tired children and quick goodbyes are said.

After this busy day is done and the quiet has set in, one can enjoy the dazzling tree, the warmth of a crackling fire, and the ever-so-distant carolers. This is a day that made endless memories to last a lifetime.