Wish | Teen Ink

Wish

January 22, 2008
By Anonymous

Here I stand for the edge of my fractured sanity on the edge of a knife. Personality shattered into tatters, spilling from a slit in my psyche like so much refracted light. A rotten rainbow of squelched dreams and lynched love notes, cloaking the silent permafrost of a mind left to slumber. Slumber, in the hope of a new tomorrow. Hope for tomorrow to come today, but hope that by hoping it will not slip away. Cherish the day. Makes you run under the light of creation, for oppressive dreams from a world foreign are now gone, and all is safe under the eye of the sun. Not I, for I am the son of lands unknown, alone but for the whisper of the wind on my fingertips. The wind is my only friend for she leads me when I lose my sense of direction. When the wind goes stagnant, where will I go? Will I die alone? In the end we all die alone unless we live forever. Leave the living to their own ends, and death will sort out the means. What does life mean when we all go to the same place? Heaven is a haven for the naive and arrogant, but a terror for the wandering soul. To be chained to one world, one god, one life. Heaven is hell for those who think, but does that make hell heaven? Who knows? All I know is that I will leave this world with a smile on my lips so that my life may be received by laughter instead of tears. Traveling to the final frontiers, to be forever wandering through the hearts of humanity. Such is my wish that I shall ride on the backs of other beings home, to echelons beyond the edge of my fractured sanity.